"Scotty is just a baby. He won't live the 15 years he's supposed to ...I did something I thought a responsible pet owner should --- microchip your pet --- and to think that it killed him ... It just breaks your heart." A tumor between the dog's shoulder blades --- precisely where a microchip had been embedded --- was described as malignant lymphoma. A tumor the size of a small balloon was removed; encased in it was a microchip. In 2007, The Associated Press reported on a series of veterinary and toxicology studies that found that microchip implants had "induced" malignant tumors in some lab animals. Scotty was given no more than a year to live..
Tag Archives: microchips